Squirrel® Fixings have been developed to allow fabricators to make a mechanical screw fixing into a 12mm sheet of solid surface material.
The ability to make a secure mechanical fixing in this way opens up many new applications to designers and fabricators.
With the aid of the Squirrel® Hinge System, fabricators can easily take a 12mm sheet of solid material and make cabinet doors. The system utilises a modified Blum Cristallo hinge.
See instructions below.
- Fit 2no. M4 Squirrel® Fixings into the back of the door using layouts provided. Available in Downloads.
- Place the modified adhesion plate over the Squirrel® Fixings.
- Insert the screw into the hole nearest the edge of the door and loosely tighten. Ensure that the screw is not cross-threaded.
- Using the washer insert the second screw into the larger hole and loosely tighten. Again ensure that the screw is not cross-threaded.
- Tighten both screws.
- Clip the hinge onto the adhesion plate.
- To remove the hinge pull back the lever at the tip of the hinge.
2no. M4 Squirrel® Fixings
2no. M4 Screws
1no. Modified Blum Cristallo Adhesion Plate.
1no. Blum Cristallo Hinge (Sprung or Un-sprung)
1no. Cabinet Fixing Plate
- Available Sprung or Un-sprung.
- Soft Close available. (SQF-BLU-SC)
- Only suitable for 12mm thick doors.
- Max overlay: 16.5mm
- Can be used for half overlay.
- Can be used for In-Frame doors.
- Suitable for push to open.
- See FAQ’s for further information.